Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sarah W, Northeast PA

I can’t believe this is it…


Last Saturday we table at NEPA PrideFest in Kingston. On a serious note, it was a really great experience and we got lot of post cards signed for both Sex Ed and Health Care. However, there were some very comical parts too. My favorite was this little five year old girl that just walked up to the edge of our table and just stared at me. Obviously she thought that we had candy or toys to pass out, however; all I had was a huge basket of condoms—definitely not appropriate for a 5 year old! So she just kept staring at me for what felt like an eternity. Finally her mom came over. This little girl looked up at her mom, pointed to the condoms and said "Mommy, what's that?" (Perhaps she thought I was holding out on her and really did have candy?). In response all her mom said is "Honey, those are for adults, and hands her a lollipop." It was great.


Yesterday, Anne came up for her final visit. I cannot believe that it has already been 10 weeks. I am optimistic that the work that we did on Sex Ed and Healthcare will be effective.


I also want to say ‘Thank you’ to Anne, Sara and the other staff members that helped make this internship possible. And I want to say “Hey” to the other interns, even though we weren’t all together; we’re working together for the same thing! I wish everyone the best of luck in everything they do!

1 comment:

  1. Then primary Pataskala of any child is there house and his mother and then rest of other things. The Education means in it is an art and science whose learn any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual. The education in general sense is the process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills and values from one generation to another.

    ReplyDelete