Monday, July 14, 2008

Learning to love canvassing

The majority of my time is spent working with the Rick Taylor Campaign
in House District 151. I am having a very positive experience working
within the Rick Taylor family. My day-to-day boss, Rob, is an efficient
field director with a wicked sense of humor. There are several interns
all of whom are young, active, and pleasant to work with. In addition,
it has been an honor getting to know Monica (my partner). The energy
within the campaign office is infectious. I have grown to love
canvassing; I look forward to my daily canvass. There is a great duality
to canvassing: it is an efficient way to gain votes and ID residents
while simultaneously offering an opportunity to glimpse into people's
eccentric and bizarre ways of life.

From the Planned Parenthood side of things, Monica and I have been
trained with clinic advocacy. There is a Planned Parenthood clinic
within close walking distance from Rick Taylor's campaign office. The
clinic should be a great way to get more C4 opt-ins and ID Planned
Parenthood supporters.

I feel pro-active and inspired on a day-to-day basis doing my work for
this internship.

- Annie, Southeast PA

No comments:

Post a Comment